Make the right call. 911
Sign Up For Our Latest News
Find out what we’re doing to educate Iowans about heart disease and why it’s so important to call 911 at the first sign of heart attack.
Calling 911 at the first sign of a heart attack ensures you get life-saving care as soon as the EMTs reach you.
Time is critical when you’re having a heart attack—you might not have the extra hour or even 5 minutes it takes to activate a life-saving angioplasty device when you drive yourself to the ER.
Still not convinced?
Top Benefits to Calling 911 for a Heart Attack
- You can get care in as little as 10 minutes
- EMTs can administer immediate care and continue providing care on the way to the hospital
- EMTs assess your condition and will take you to the closest hospital with the right equipment for your needs
- ER or heart specialists will be waiting for your arrival – instead of you waiting in triage
- 911 dispatchers can give instructions for self-care until EMTs arrive
- EMTs save time at the hospital by sending information about your vitals and cardiac needs before you arrive
- If the EMTs determine you are not having a heart attack, you likely won’t even be charged for the ambulance services if you do not need to be transported
- Calling 911 leads to faster, better care SEE WHY HERE
Make the Right Call. 911